Dr. Blaine’s Complete ScarCare Treatment Kit
Dr. Blaine’s Complete ScarCare Treatment Kit is a patented, FDA-approved doctor, surgeon and pharmacist recommended scar reduction treatment that has been clinically proven to flatten and fade any scar, of any age. Ideal for surgical scars, its medically-formulated E-Sil solution combines antioxidants with vitamin E to promote healthy skin. Results are guaranteed and visible in just weeks.
A safe and effective method for managing hypertrophic and keloid scars, the gel pad is reusable, washable, easy to use and comfortable. The self-adhesive silicone gel matrix pad requires no additional wraps or taping. The non-sticky side is smooth and soft to prevent fabrics from adhering.
- Guaranteed to flatten and fade your scar, or your money back (see package insert).
- 24 hour day and night treatment.
- Transparent and reusable 3-month supply
- Latex-free gel pad is made from the finest medical-grade silicone.
- Transparent, easy to use and comfortable to wear
- Can be cut to fit the shape and size of any scar
- Washable and reusable. Stickiness returns after washing
- Made from the finest medical grade silicone
Studies on the effectiveness of silicone gel sheeting on hypertrophic and keloid scars:
- Keloid scars often appear after median sternotomy (chest surgery involving a vertical incision). Because of little tissue and delicate skin this part of the human body is prone to ugly (excessive) scar tissue in general. Nine median sternotomy patients wearing silicone sheets for 24 weeks were examined. At the end of the study all patients were free of keloid scars. Conclusion of the study: “A silicone gel sheet is safe and effective for the preventing the formation of keloid scars after median sternotomy.” - Source: PubMed.
- “Lesions improved during the treatment period in 85% of the cases. ... Daily treatments with silicone gel sheeting should begin as soon as an itchy red streak develops in a maturing wound. The dressing is effective in reducing the bulk of these lesions.” - Source: PubMed.
- Wash your hands and the scar area with soap and water. Dry thoroughly
- Cut the gel-pad to fit the scar area, as needed, so that the edges of the gel-pad extend at least 1/4" beyond the scar on all sides
- Gently peel the gel-matrix pad from the mylar release strip. (It's normal for small bits of the gel to remain on the mylar release strip.) Do not discard the mylar release strip
- Place the sticky side of the gel-pad directly onto the scar. For best results, wear the pad 8-12 hours per day (12 hours is recommended)
- When not wearing the gel-pad, place the gel-pad (sticky side) back onto the mylar release strip. Place the gel-pad back into the original pouch for protection, if desired
- Rub the E-Sil solution onto the scar when not wearing the gel-pad
- When the sticky side of the gel-pad appears dirty or worn, use your finger to gently wash the gel-pad with soap and water, as needed. Rinse with water and allow to air dry. The stickiness will return once dry. Do not fold while washing or dryingThe gel-pad is effective as long as it remains sticky. After several applications, the pad may appear worn out, but if it sticks to the skin it will keep working. Proper use, and gentle care of the gel-pad, should give you 3 months of use.
- 1 silicone gel matrix pad 2" x 5.5"
- E-Sil solution 0.5 fl oz
E-Sil Solution: Mineral Oil , Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate)
Do not apply to an open wound or third degree burns. Never use on a sutured wound until sutures have been removed. In rare instances, silicone sheets may cause a rash on the skin. This condition may result from improper cleansing of the scar area where the silicone pad has been applied. If this product is applied properly and skin irritation still occurs, discontinue use and consult your physician. Persons with dermatological disorders should contact their physician prior to using this product.